Claybrook Farms News Archives
Susan and the trainers attend young jumper horse training seminars—December 2, 2012
On November 10 and 11, Susan and Lauren Buck attended a two day Frank Madden Clinic in Gurnee IL. Frank focused on the training and conditioning of young jumper horses. On November 30 and December 1 and 2nd, Susan and all CBF trainers attended a clinic near Indianapolis sponsored by Alison Leclerc . She brought to the US one of Germany’s leading young jumper horse trainers, Wolfgang Winter. Wolfgang focused on dressage work and gymnastics to prepare/develop a young horse’s jumping skills.
New training and marketing relationship with Alison Leclerc of Carmel, Indiana—November 30, 2012
Susan and Alison met a few years ago at a young jumper training seminar in Reno, Nevada. Alison has worked at premier young jumper horse training farms in Mexico and Germany. We are pleased to have the opportunity to work with her.
Earlier this year, Alison visited Claybrook Farms and we crafted a relationship that is continuing to expand. She was critical to our tremendous success in the Keuring riding test with our five mares. Four of the five mares became Keur. Alison oversaw the preparation of our mares for their riding test. She also rode two mares in the test. We have sent two of our more experience to Alison for training. We look forward to working with Alison.
New Foals Arrive from the Netherlands—November 24, 2012
We are delighted with our success at the Star Sale Select Foal Auction in northern Netherlands. With the help of VDL Stud we selected and purchased four foals (three fillies and a colt). Two of the fillies went to the National Finals show—Hanna VDL (Cardento x Chin Chin) and Horphee KT (Zirocco Blue VDL x Indoctro). The other two foals offered very nice movement and conformation with very good bloodlines: HiLight RJ (Dakar VDL x Quick Star ) and Hamilton (Campbell VDL x Ahorn).
Congratulations to Midwest Breeders!!! The Claybrook Farms’ Keuring produced 6 Top Five horses--September 22, 2012
Despite 24 horses entered, only eighteen horses were shown due to scratches. Of the 18 shown, eight were rated as first premium, keur eligible or keur. Additionally, six were among the Top Fives in North America. The Midwest breeders continue to produce high quality horses.
Foals & yearlings—Three foals were shown and two rated first premiums.
The only dressage foal shown rated a first premium: Harlan. (Schroeder x Gribaldi), owned and bred by Maureen Shinksky.
Of the two jumper foals shown, the first premium foal was Heartthrob CBF (Atlantic x Goodtimes) owned and bred by Claybrook Farms.
Two dressage yearlings were shown and both rated a second premium.
Dressage mares 3-7 year old—Three mares were shown and none achieved Ster status.
Jumper Mares 3-7 year old—Four mares were shown and only one achieved Ster status and was ranked 2nd among the Top Five 3-7 year old Jumper Mares in North America.
Ersina (Carolus II x Burggraff) owned by Claybrook Farms achieved Ster. She made the Top Five List of 3-7 year old Jumper Mares and is eligible for Keur.
Jumper IBOP—Six mares were shown and four Claybrook Farms’ mares qualified for Keur and four ranked in top five across North America.
Chiki (Chin Chin x Lupicor) owned by Claybrook Farms was the site champion and ranked number two in North America. She was followed by Classica VDL (Douglas x Quite Easy), Dileva (Wittinger x Kojak), Dara CBF (Corland x Indoctro). These four Claybrook farms mares qualified for Keur.
Iron Spring Cup—Five mares were shown in two classes, with five of the horses placing in the Top Fives of their respective classes.
In the four-year old Iron Spring Farm Cup class, Dileva placed first, Dara third, and Dylandra fifth. In the five-year old ISF Cup class, Chiki placed first and Classica tied for second.
We greatly appreciate all the participants and the fine horses that they brought long distances to the Keuring. We hope that we will see you next year. Our keurings create opportunities to continue learning more about the breed as well as developing a network among other breeders of the fine KWPN horses.
September Update on Shows for 2012
Aviator CBF (Silverstone X Ulonja--Ohorn) is having a great show season in the 7/8 Young Jumper Championship (YJC) classes.
Since April 2012 Aviator has been ridden by Kim Farlinger of Toronto and trained by TerriBrent has made exceptional progress:
• Horse Shows by the Bay (Traverse City), won three classes entered in the 7/8 year old young jumper classes (1.35 meters)
• Blue Grass Festival (Lexington), placed third in 7/8 year old YJC (1.35 - 1.40 meters)
• Angelstone International Tournament (Toronto), placed 2nd and 3rd. in 7/8 year old YJC
Zarusa (Navarone X Rarusa—Indoctro) emerged as strong competitor in 1.25 meters under guidance of Kim Farlinger and Terri Brent
• Horse Shows by the Bay (Traverse City), placed 3rd and 5th three times 1.25 meters open jumper
• Angelstone International Tournament (Toronto), placed 2nd in 1.25 meters open jumper
• Zarusa was champion 1.25 in Princeton, NJ, placed 2nd and 3rd.
Whomanta has continued her strong performance in the 1.25 meter jumper and equitation classes with a variety of amateur riders
• Ocala Winter Celebration, placed 2nd twice and became reserve champion of 1.25 Amateur Jumper Low class
• Cape Cod Hunter, placed 1st twice, 2nd once, 3rd twice in five equitation classes
• Norfolk Hunt Horse Show, placed 2nd once and 4th twice in Junior Medals classes
Wizardry (Wellington x Pikina Field—Corland) has been busy and successful this year with a young amateur rider
• Ocala Winter Classic, placed 2nd twice, and 3rd once in Maclay and Medals classes
• Ocala Tournament, placed 2nd in Large Junior Hunter class
• Fieldstone Equitation Show, placed 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in Equitation and Medals classes
• Head of the Bay Medal Day, placed 1st, 3rd, 4th in Junior equitation and medals classes
• Head of the Bay Classic II, placed 1st three times, 2nd three times, and 4th once in Junior Large Hunter classes
• GFF Medal Day III, placed 2nd twice, 3rd once, and 4th once in Medals classes
• River Wind Farm, placed 1st once, 3rd once in Medals classes
• Fieldstone Summer Showcase 1, placed 1st in hunter derby 2-9
• River Wind Farm, place 1st in Maclays
Voyager (Consul X Nolinde—Cor de la Bryre) has also been busy with amateur equitation and hunter riders and done well
• Ocala Tournament, placed 1st , 2nd, 3rd and 4th in Intermediate Equitation Classes
• Cape Cod Hunter, place 3rd twice in Adult Amateur equitation classes
• Sandy Point Stables, placed 1st and 3rd in Junior Medal and Children’s Hunter classes
Zolinde (Flemmingh X Nolinde—Cor de la Bryre) has been competing at some major horse shows in hunter classes ridden by novice amateurs
• Horse Shows by the Bay (Traverse City), placed 2nd twice in 2-6 Hunter Class for Adult
Claybrook Farms is pleased to welcome new partners in Toronto and Boston
Kim Farlinger and Terri Brent of Kim Farlinger Stables near Toronto are now showing and marketing Claybrook Farms jumper horses. They compete at major shows in Traverse City, Lexington, Toronto and Ocala.
Tricia Moss of the Boston area shows and competes Claybrook Farms hunter and equitation horses in the Northeast US area. She operates her own business—Moss Show Stables.
Lauren Buck joined the staff of Claybrook Farms as a trainer in the Spring of 2012
Lauren has worked in Florida and North Carolina prior to coming to Claybrook Farms. She studied young horse training at Meredith Manor. She and Susan collaborate on training the young horses. She brings a wealth of experience with young horses and great energy and patience with our talented young horses. She is a great addition to our staff.
Saturday, September 22, 2011 - Keuring & Hotel information—April 4, 2012
Our Keuring date has been set for Saturday, September 22, 2012. For those of you who are attending our Keuring, please click this link to take you to our list of hotels/motels in our area. We will be emailing the brochure as soon as we have the list of entrants from the KWPN (which usually is around the very end of July first part of August). We look forward to seeing you!